Halfway Reflections

Halfway! 
I really can't believe that we are halfway through this course.  Reflecting on it is making it all sink in.  Which is actually my significant idea.  Blogging.  Reflecting.  This has been my big take-a-way for this half of the course.  I even find in my day-to-day travels that there are some things I would want to blog about that are "reflection worthy".  I think I want my blog to progress to be more than just a course reflection and into something more.  And that is actually exciting!  For someone who always sticks to the shallow end of her own "Taking Risks Pool", this is a big step for me.  It is something I will also incorporate into my yearly goals as a teacher. 
My favourite activity that we have done is our 2 year Long Term Plans related to what we want to do with technology in the classroom.  I feel like this truly made me think about where I want to go and what I need to do to get there.  Overall goals lead to specific goals and expectations that one has for themselves.  It made me feel like embracing everything that is going on in my career and reflecting (again!) on where it is all going. 
Connecting the learning we are all doing together in this program easily connects with the Standards of Professional Practice for teachers.  Our Commitment to Students and their learning is demonstrated through the fact that we are here and learning.  As an educator, I feel it is of the utmost importance that we be life long learners to promote the value of learning and the need to constantly strive to be better.  I'm not sure who it was that said "When you quite learning, you begin dying", but I truly believe it. The more we learn, the more we have to teach our students. Every time we log in to our D2L we are working on our professional knowledge and reflecting on how it will apply to our classroom, our students.  With every assignment we apply new thoughts and ideas to the students in our classrooms and the lessons we plan and teach.  Changing our ideas, modifying our rationales.  With our learning we are changing, evolving, integrating new things. Responding to the needs of our individual students is what is driving us with our assignments.  Keeping their specific needs in mind as we work and test programs out.  Discussing these ideas with each other, teaching each other successful strategies we have tried out and reflecting on what we are trying - success OR fail - is helping us to refine our teaching and innovate in our classrooms. We uphold the ethical component by sharing without names and specifics.  We are confidential and maintain the privacy of our students. We are always representing our need and desire for ongoing professional learning by logging in and reading what our peers have to say.  We are learning by even thinking about the concepts being emphasized by the course outline.  Even thinking about how we can be better is a step. Reading, discussing, reflecting is all apart of learning and gaining new knowledge.   
I am excited for the learning to come and can't wait to put it into practice.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as a Reflection

Platforms.... and some great blogs.

Learning To Learn and my first real blog post!