Module 2

 I cannot believe we are half way through this course.  Time flies when you are learning and exploring! 

The best assignment for me this session what the plan that we created.  As I look towards what I am going to do next year in this position it makes me focus on what is important for educators and all stakeholders I work with.  I loved being able to post to everyone and have feedback on my plans.  It is great to now go back and make notes about slowing down and adding more time or additional sessions to my plans.  This is a great community to help each other out. 

My favourite resource was simply being given the assignment of looking for articles and pulling out main points.  I found the Google Sheet to be extremely hard to read, but clicking on the links I found that many applied to what I was working on and what I wanted to read.  It was great to curate so many resources all together. 

Many of the assignments in this model demonstrate the thinking and dedication that goes into planning for our students.  The lessons that we are creating and the ideas that could go into accommodating for our special needs students are amazing and doable.  It is very evident that all participants in this program want their students to do well, whether we are talking about improving what could previously have been thought of as physical limitations or making learning more accessible to everyone.  It is all ground in understanding what will work in the classroom vs. Working in theory.  Being able to share these ideas with one another in a safe place is an amazing opportunity for growth of ideas.  Having so many like minded individuals in one place allows me to share my ideas and know that all feedback is constructive and molds and shapes my plans and ideas to implement in the future.  Knowing that everyone is here to make our schools and classes better means that I truly value their opinions on what I contribute and they know that I will do the same in return. 

This course has already provided me with many ideas that I want to put in place next year.  I am really looking forward to the second half! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Platforms.... and some great blogs.

Blogging as a Reflection

Learning To Learn and my first real blog post!