It's Happening Again!

Do you know what happens when you learn and learn and learn and learn?  You want to share all of your learning and talking about it until no one wants to listen anymore!  I think that that is where this type of space comes in handy.  All of the reflecting in the world can go on and if no one is listening it's still ok.  Or if people are it's still ok too.

I am so happy with the road this course is taking.  As a person in a leadership role I need to be reflective on the things that I do and bring to the system just as much as I need to know specific programming that I want to bring as well.  This module has been fantastic for that.  Especially the assessment of our plan.  I feel like my role is tough for linear planning.  Sometimes I just need to have a session on coding or robotics because educators want to try it out.  Other times my sessions can easily be more linear and connected.  Assessing my goals and making sure that I know how successful my sessions are was an "ah-ha!" moment for me.  Why hadn't I thought of that before?  I know I normally deal with qualitative data, but even then, having a showcase of student work would be amazing to know that my work is paying off.

The activity with defining leadership was also something that contributed to my learning and thinking.  I want to be a great leader when planning sessions and reacting to the needs of the system.  Also the activity where we all shared resources was great, I book marked more in one afternoon than I have in a month.  This was a great way to have educator's share their sources.  I did this in one activity with a pallet exit card.  So easy to share ideas!

The discussion forum this month pushed my thinking when someone asked me WHY should we teach coding in schools.  I really am asked this all of the time.  I love when people question certain aspects of technology because it makes me really think how my ideas connect to curriculum and how our students are learning.  I love that it pushed me to think deeper about something I love to work with and it was done in a supportive way as well.

Learning about leadership is something that fascinates me.  I want to know how we can get more leaders in our profession to do activities like the ones we are doing.  Leaders being leaders who are teachers and administrators.  Our world in education - and beyond really - has changed so drastically in the last 5 years and we need to reflect that at every level in our system.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging as a Reflection

Platforms.... and some great blogs.

Learning To Learn and my first real blog post!